In this blog inspired by Wolf, I showcase models that I design and post information of interest to the origami folder. I also have a photostream in Flickr (the link is down there). Do enjoy your visit here and don't forget to tag or leave a few comments on my work! If you have folded any of my models, please send their pictures to me, and I will be delighted to publish them in this blog. By the way, please check out the "Important Links" below the archives; they are that important :) The "Origami Singapore" page has links to other folders from Singapore. Have fun!

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Preparations for Demonstrations

The only reason why this became a post is because it took me a lot of effort.
And, of course, I forgot to post it before the one on Building Blocks.

Well, to show you guys what my techniques will probably result in, I decided to demonstrate to you all on a huge sheet of precreased paper. Well, I got a really gigantic piece of paper from the stationary shop, so it wouldn't make sense if I precreased too little on the paper. Thus, I decided to precrease a 64 x 64 grid, certainly the most I've ever done. It took me quite a few weeks, partly because I was lazy, but the end result was great.



You may want to compare this to other pictures in this blog and speculate about the size of the paper yourself.

If you do the math, I will have created 4096 little squares and folded 126 creases by the end of this project.

I even played around with the finished paper, forming a cute sort of spiral:



I hope this teaches you a lesson about the causes and effects of paper drift.

Enough now, let's fast-forward to Demo No.1: Building Block!



A solitary building the the midle of the desert.
If you can't imagine how the CP evolves into this, here's a useful picture of each of the four pleats going in the four directions:



That ought to help.

I mentioned about stacking building blocks on one another, so here goes:



I hope this picture helps you understand how the blocks are stacked on one another.
The blocks can even be made into towers by stacking equally-sized blocks on each other.



Wow. That's got to be the clearest picture I've taken...

Picture of pleats of the tower:



That should be enough now.

This CP is not exactly one of the hardest ones, but it requires plenty of self-exploration and a vivid imagination, and there is only so much I can instruct you without folding it in front of your face. Good luck!

(Subsequent CPs will include their demos in their own posts.)


Origami as Pure as Snow
shonen

No comments: